Eduardo Medeiros is a Geography Professor and Researcher in DINAMIA'CET-IUL, Lisbon University, Portugal. He has a Ph.D. in Geography - Regional and Urban Planning, and has more than 20 published papers in international journals, eight books and nine book chapters. He is a DG REGIO expert and a Horizon 2020 evaluator. He has coordinated several international policy evaluation projects. He was invited as a project adviser and to write reports by DG REGIO. He was already invited to be a keynote speaker by several International Universities and EU institutions (European Commission and Committee of the Regions). He is part of the scientific and editorial committee of some journals and a peer reviewer of more than 20 international journals.
Evaluation of EU Cohesion Policy, Territorial Cohesion, Territorial Cooperation, Territorial Impact Assessment, Integrated Urban Development Strategies, Territorial Development
1. Medeiros, E., et al. (2016-2017) - ESPON Target analysis - 'Comparative Analysis of Territorial Governance and Spatial Planning Systems in Europe'- (ESPON Tender 2015/S 239-434218) Role: Project Member - National Expert Website 2. Medeiros, E. et al. (2016-2017) - DG REGIO - European Commission - Study of the territorial strategies supported by EU territorial tools (sustainable urban development under Art. 7 ERDF, ITI and CLLD when related to SUD) Service Request Nr 2015CE160AT041. - Role: Project Member - National Expert Website 3. Medeiros, E. et al. (2016) - DGREGIO - European Commission - Collecting solid evidence to assess the needs to be addressed by Interreg cross-border cooperation programmes. Service Request Nr 2015CE160AT044. - Role: Project Advisor for the European Commission Report 4. Medeiros, E. (2015-2016) - DGREGIO - European Commission - Analysis of the results of DG REGIO’s online public consultation on ‘Overcoming obstacles in border regions. CCI no. 2015CE160AT045. - Role: Project Rapporteur. As DG REGIO Expert. Report 5. Medeiros, E. (2016) - 20 Years of INTERREG-A in Inner Scandinavia - Role: Project Coordinator Report
1. Medeiros E. (2017) From Smart Growth to European Spatial Planning: a new paradigm for EU Cohesion Policy post-2020, European Planning Studies, 25(10): 1856-1875. | http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09654313.2017.1337729
2. Medeiros, E. (2017) Cross-border cooperation in Inner Scandinavia: A Territorial Impact Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment Review, 62(2017):147–157. | http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eiar.2016.09.003
3. Medeiros, E. (2017) European Union Cohesion Policy and Spain: a territorial impact assessment, Regional Studies, 51(8): 1259-1269,
4. Medeiros, E. (2013) Euro-Meso-Macro: The new regions in Iberian and European Space, Regional Studies, 47(8): 249-1266,
5. Medeiros, E. (2011) (Re)defining the concept of Euroregion, European Planning Studies, 19 (1): 141-158,